Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Turkey Trot 2018: Assault on 50+ 10K Family Record

Back from the D and getting ready to set the family 50+ 10K record in the morning. Pretty excited!!!

Reasons for excitement:
Nike Vaporfly 4% shoes: They are the same shoes that Kiplegat wore to almost break the two hour marathon barrier.

Another chance to beat Roman: Maybe I will beat Roman this year! Roman is a few years younger than me and still beats Ryan at beer league triathlon in the summer, so probably not a win for me tomorrrow but maybe someday. :-).

Matching sunglasses: Excited also to share Zach and I have new matching turkey trot eyewear. These are custom made by Gazelle Sports in Northville and they likely have about 9998 pairs left.

AltRed: My secret weapon of choice. It is more legal and blood doping.

The Mark P Turkey Trot Legacy: No Turkey Trot can be written about without mentioning "where the hell is Mark Pincheon?" I think the first one of these races we did was over 23 years ago, and now he hasn't shown up in years! Time to make your way back Mark! I am sure Kirk and I will at least text in the morning if not see each other at the Joe Louis statue. #whereismark

No comments: