Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Morning After

I am seriously sore as I'm laying in bed. It actually hurts to move my legs! Hopefully things will loosen up soon. 

Yesterday was an experience I won't forget - and not just because my body is so beat up this morning. I am very, very sore. 

The sights and sounds are something I've not experienced previously even at races like the Chicago Marathon with even more people running. This was partly due, I'm sure, to the attention given to this race after the bombings. Apart from that the history and traditions of this race are so evident. This was most obvious to me in the morning before the race as I was invited with my friends into 85-year old Louise's home in Hopkinton to relax, use indoor plumbing, and talk about the Boston Marathon. Louise has lived in Hopkinton for decades. Clearly marathon Monday is one of the best days of the year for her as she looks forward to being around the runners. As I left her house she told me to come back next year!  "Just come in the back door and make yourself at home."  Wow! I hope to post a pic of her later today. 

I've got so much thanks to give for the support, love, and kind words I've received.  I will have to work on putting it into words soon but please know I am touched by your kindness. I am a very lucky person. 

To start with - thanks to Stephanie. She's the best. I certainly couldn't follow my passion for excercise without her support. And her support while in Boston while I was somewhat nervous and uptight - before the race - was great. 

Here is an oncourse pic from yesterday taken by Mrs. Corrigan at mile 20 cheer station:


No comments: