Monday, April 13, 2015

Previous Marathon Data - Let's Check That Out

I'm thinking about what my previous marathon data can tell me I might do/expect a week from today.

Unfortunately I was convinced to not wear my HR monitor during Boston last year.  Mistake.  Wish I had more information about that day to look over now.

I do, however, have data from the 2013 Lansing Marathon.  For that event, I trained using the Higdon Advanced 1 plan to run 7:30 pace on the flat Lansing course which yielded a time of approximately 3:19.

Here's some of the rest of the data I'm looking at:
From this, I surmise the following:
- I can hold an average HR of at least 155 for at least 3 hours, 20 minutes.  If my fitness has increased (which I think it has since 2013), I can likely go faster while averaging a similar HR provided I'm properly rested and nourished.
- While manipulating the HR data, my HR averaged 159 for the last six miles....not too much of an increase
- Max HR was 174 at the very end of the race while running about 6:15 pace.  I was cooking at the end, so maybe too much left in the tank.

I don't really have any other HR marathon data to look over that is relevant as other events were run considerably slower because of different goals.

That's it for now.....time to sleep.

No comments: