Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Training and Lake Placid Updates!


  1. Less than four weeks to go.  Feeling good.  
  2. Did some Ironman Wisconsin data analysis. Some interesting stats:
    • Average bike HR: 133
    • Average run HR: 138
    • Why are those interesting?  12-15 beats lower than "normal" for a 70.3 race. In other words, there was possibly more in the tank if I was rested and paced the race well.
  3. My time from the Triceratops Sprint Tri last week was the 4th fastest I've run on that course in 14 races.  I liked finding that out.  It was the 4th fastest swim ever in that event also....good!
  4. Ended the last week of training with a CTL of 109.  Highest fitness ever according to the TrainingPeaks.com software.  FWIW...I think it is one indication that things are good. Just gotta stay uninjured.
  5. As of 6/26, there has been 48 hours of training this month.  Wow. That is a lot.
  6. Mirror Lake Boat Rental reports the water temp is 68°.  #wetsuitswim I'm thinking about a slow, calm swim start building to a strong middle and end of swim.  Calm waters...please and thank you.
  7. I was glad to find this bird's eye view of the Lake Placid swim to bike transition:
  8. Bib numbers are up!!!!

No comments: