Monday, June 25, 2018

Triceratops Sprint Tri 2018 Race Recap - RCK AMAZING!!!!

Ran the Triceratops Sprint Triathlon last week.  It was a lot of fun!

First and foremost, congrats to RCK for his fifth place overall finish.  Holy cow!!!  I so enjoy that he and I do these events together.  Given this moment of amazement, it is good to look back to another past milestone HERE.  Love you, Ry!

Congrats also to MHilton for his awesome 2018 tri kickoff.  You are awesome!
Photo credit: SJCK
For me, it has been two years since I've been able to show up and run this event because of injury.  I was really  happy to be back at it and see some old friends.  I beat a couple guys I've never beaten before....ran them down in the last 1.5 miles ;-).  We need to disregard the fact that they are 57 and 60 years old though..... #oldfastguys
Photo credit: SJCK 
Here is a little more on how things went:
Swim - felt really good, but time still slow, slow, slow.  I will go back to look at previous results. I think I was probably on the fast side for me overall.  In my age group, I was 3+ minutes slower than first place finisher in age gruop.   The swim is what keeps me from winning my age group. Damn.
Bike - felt like I was FLYING.  Often riding 24+ mph.  I think I was about a minute slower than my fastest time on this course...which makes sense given the volume of my recent training and the fatigue I'm carrying.  Overall happy.  I was second fastest on bike in my age group so that was encouraging.
Run - Good.  I was fastest in my age group but one minute slower than my fastest time for this course.  Again, carrying lots of fatigue so all is good.

We are now less than four weeks until Ironman Lake Placid. Final race prep, staying uninjured, having fun are what's on my mind now.  

I also have a thought on Boston 2019 and seeing Eileen at mile 20.  Can't wait!


No comments: