Sunday, March 8, 2015

Step Back Weekend Update AND Dave = Liar

I was looking forward to this weekend mostly because it required a bit less intensity than the past couple weeks.  Mostly all is going well. Mission accomplished on all run workout fronts.

Here are the specifics of my run life now:
1.  Hamstring is tight.....I'm making it through workouts, but I'm hoping for a loosening up soon.  A bit worried.  Intervals and tempo run this past week aggravated things, but riding the bike the day after helps.  Today was fine.  Current treatment:  foam roller, some strengthening exercises, vitamin I.  I should likely begin icing all the time.

2.  Was AWESOME to get outside today for 12 today.  Worked the last 2.5 miles at marathon pace on hills, Cass Benton included.  Pretty good and hammie felt fine at the end.  Bill Courtney was entertaining during the run for sure, however, I think might believe Dave's lies.

3.  Speaking of Dave's lies, let's be clear about this once and for all:  At the 1986 Class B State XC meet at Tyrone Hills in Linden, I was 50th overall and Dave came in 51st.  There is no doubt about this even if Dave wishes it different.  Said a different way:  28 years ago, a Saline XC runner named me beat Dave "the Comet" Chomet.  True.  Period.  It was likely the last time I beat Dave.

4. Moving on, here is my favorite picture of Dave..... it is from today at Rebecca's in Northville during breakfast (Rebecca's omelette is the best by the way and beats Leo's spinach omelette by a 6 minute mile...I am so funny).
So you know, I don't really care that Dave is in the picture though.  Don't get me wrong, Dave is a great guy, and he bought me breakfast today. I really like Dave for these reasons and many more despite his lying ways.

My favorite picture of Dave is really all about the shirt.  It is from the 2009 Boston Marathon. I know this because I studied the shirt today....bright yellow, two color logo in blue and silver.  Sweet combo.

This is another example of what all Boston Marathon jackets should look like relative to colors, but we already know this is not going to happen this year.  However, the official marathon shirt is another story.  Dear BAA, This is the shirt I want when I check-in at the Boston Marathon forty-one days from today.  Please take note. There are only so many ways you can make up for orange cremesicle and Barney purple jackets.  This is one of them.

That's it for now.....


No comments: