Sunday, April 15, 2018

Boston Eve Post: Best Wishes!! CRUSH IT!

Near as I can tell, there are two Michigan connections for me at Boston this year:  Scott McLean and Dan Chomet.  This is a far cry from 2014 when there were at least a dozen toeing the line, some of them in this picture. Hopefully we'll get a big turnout in 2019 to join at least Dan, Scott, Zach and me!

In any case, I checked in with my two favorite Boston runners today.  Here is what I found out from Scott:
Two words:  HOLY CRAP!  
I just checked the forecast for Marathon Monday and it doesn't look much better.  About 45°F at the start (which sounds awesome). But rain almost all day (which does not sound awesome).  Clothing choices will be important.  Hopefully it is a light rain with no downpours.  I hate to say it...I'm kind of glad I'm not running tomorrow.

Then I checked in with Dan.  Here's what's on Dan's mind:
Haha!  I love the idea of start, finish and get your favorite food.  I would love to join Dan for the pizza (like the last pic in this post from 2014), but I'd really want to get a Sam Adams 26.2....like immediately after the race.  Love that stuff.

Scott and Dan, I'll be tracking you tomorrow and wish you epic runs in what will surely be epic conditions.  Only serious Boston athletes will be crushing it tomorrow.  You both will be a part of the crushing group!  I can feel it!

For those who are interested, here is a bit more information about Scott and Dan. 
 - Scott is bib 1445. In addition, Scott is the founder of the Victors Melanoma Research Team.  Everyone should consider supporting this important cause.
- Dan is bib 10571. Dan is an amazing teaching colleague.
Scott and Dan have been my friends for over 30 years! WHAT!!!!!
You can track these two amazing runners at the BAA website.  I hope you do and that you cheer them on virtually!

No comments: