Sunday, July 15, 2018

Time To Freak Out - The Hay Is In The Barn

No automatic alt text available.
Thanks to RCK's research and encouragement, we started training for Lake Placid on December 17, 2017.  I think that was 28 weeks ago.  Since then, there have been A LOT of early training mornings and A LOT workouts in the evening.  Thanks to both SJCK and RCK for you support.  You really don't make it to Ironman race day by yourself, and both of you were really great to support me.  I owe thanks to many others as well.  Friends, family, coworkers have all encouraged, supported in a lot of ways, or just took the time to read these posts.  I'm really fortunate. Thank you.

Thanks also to friends and family who are making the journey to Lake Placid to see RCK and me.  It will be awesome to have a cheering section.  I'm pretty sure my Mom will be the loudest!

In terms of distances since December, here it is:

  • Swimming: 178,783 yards or 101.6 miles
  • Biking: 3027 miles
  • Running: 615 miles
  • Hours: ~316 hours or about 1.6 hours per day 

Image result for The hay is in the barnSo...the hay is in the barn as they say.  Not much left to do, at least in terms of training.  Just 4 hours of working out left, this week just to keep the legs and arms moving this week.   It is time to trust the training, be prepared for race day with a sound plan and and calm mind.  And just have fun.

Many of you know I love an experiment. Ironman race day is the culmination of a grand and fun experiment.  I'm looking forward to it, especially being on the start line with RCK, without whom I'm pretty sure I would have NEVER signed up for Ironman #3.

A few other updates:
- Gotta tighten the bolts on the bike tomorrow
- RCK recommended deflating my tires and looking for cuts that should be Super Glued....it's on the list for tomorrow morning
- Race day chain bagged up and ready for installation on Saturday

- Lots of things packed and ready to go.  Here's one example with bike nutrition portioned and bagged up.  There are a few more things to still do, but mostly ready to go.

- Found this image from another tapering Ironman athlete and their dinner tonight...kinda funny:
Image may contain: food

That's it for now.  6 DTG.

No comments: