Tuesday, July 17, 2018

4 DTG

With four days to go, it is definitely feeling like race week!
I am excited about the upcoming adventure and even had some nerves when I woke up this morning.  Mostly, I'm excited though....and reminding myself to stay calm and relaxed.  Nerves don't help anything right now ;-)

Race Day Prep:
I spent some time yesterday updating my bike Garmin to have just the screens I want/think I'll need on race day.  I settled on:
  • Heart rate - looking for a number from about 120 - 135....no higher on the bike
  • 3 second power - the current power overaged over the past three seconds. The goal here is to be around 165 watts and hoping to top out at around 210, if needed, on the climbs.
  • Lap power - the average power over the last five miles.  Again, about 165 watts.  If it says 200+ watts, it will not bode well for the run.
  • Cadence - looking for a number from 80 - 90.
The old screen data fields is on the left; the updated set of data fields is on the right.  What do you think?  The point here is to only have screens that focus your attention on what is helpful when you are riding 112 miles.

Last Workouts
This is the last week of workouts, and yesterday was a day of rest!  It felt so good.  I spent part of the day with my favorite 4-year old.  It was awesome!

Today was a swim and bike workout.  Got it all done early. It was awesome to be on the dirt roads with SJCK today! 


Race Day Chat
In the online forums, there is a lot of talk about the race....what to pack, when people are arriving in LP, what goes in which bag on race day, whether or not Mirror Lake will be wetsuit legal, etc.  It is fun to read and sometimes gives reminders about things I have forgotten. Regarding the temperature of Mirror Lake the cartoon below was posted.  Forgive me if the cartoon is offensive...I thought it was funny.

Two days until it is time to drive and four days until GO TIME.

No comments: