Thursday, July 19, 2018

3 DTG

It is Thursday, and the race is on Sunday. I'm pretty sure that means there are three days to go. Yes? :-)

Made it to Kingston, Ontario tonight about 4 hours away from Lake Placid. Not too bad. We just need to be at the registration tent by 4 PM tomorrow so we can race on Sunday. Should be no problem barring unforeseen circumstances.

On my mind today FWIW:
1. I really like Canada. I always do. When I cross the border, it feels good. The grass, the trees, the fact they have a retailer called "The Beer Store", that one of the stop triathletes in the world lives in Windsor, the leader of the country...all good. I also find that the slower Canadian highway speeds (62 mph) relaxing compared to what ends up being 75+ mph in Michigan. I should come to Canada more often.

2. I discovered 1st Wave radio on Sirius and loved it! This is a lot of MY music as a young adult:
- R.E.M.
- U2
- The Cure
And a lot of what was called "New Wave" back in the day. It was a fun couple hours of listening today after passing Toronto.

3. I wish I hadn't posted the cartoon yesterday with the foul language. I liked that it was abut the elevation of the Lake Placid bike course, but it really didn't need to be posted in my blog. Apologies if you were offended. I will remove it.

4. Tapering and healing my body is underway. I noticed the graph in this post and the yellow line on the far right with the upward trend. This is the line that theoretically represents my rested state. As we get to Sunday's cannon start, it will continue to go up coinciding with my reduced training load and showing greater readiness to put out the effort needed to complete the 140.6 miles of the Ironman. We'll see shortly whether or not my training and planning adequately prepared me for this. It should be a fun experiment.

No comments: